Further to constructive technical exchanges with ocean racers, Facnor has developed a sophisticated range of Gennaker/Code Zero furlers : the FX+. A true evolution : light, easy to fit and aesthetic. A staysail can be fitted on a FX+ furler so that a stormsail can be used according to the weather conditions. We recommend to install a 2-to-1 bottom or top block.
STAYSAIL FITTED WITH FX+ :
⊕ Widely tested & strong. Drum and swivel machined in one single piece
⊕ Optimised system and ultra compact (carbon house)
⊕ Easy to fit and to adjust
⊕ Ratchet system Option (“start and go”)
⊕ Also available with a drum for discontinuous line (FXT)
“IN-OUT” SYSTEMS FOR FLYING SAILS ON HQ TEXTILE FIBERS
– The anti-twist rope is captive within the sail luff tape
– Easy storage in a bag
– Ratchet system option
on this video: Gennaker unfurling / Genoa furling / Staysail unfurling
– Facnor, pioneers in designing and manufacturing endless line drum furlers since 1998. This type of products has been tested during offshore racing and in extreme conditions
– Intuitive handling of mechanisms (smooth push spring release device + captive quick release pin)
Several possible uses and easy stored
– Top and bottom adjustable fastenings
– As it is very simple to disconnect the sail from the furler and to fit a 2-to-1 block on the swivel, the Gennaker can be quickly changed for the staysail if needed. (provided that the loads are equivalent for both sails).
See the FX+ commercial brochure
About the combine use of a Staysail furler and a Lock system (onboard a Class40′) :
“”Thanks to the lock, we can lower the furled staysail in order to tack or jibe easily, or even to reduce windage. Moreover, the locked staysail presents various advantages in comparison with a fixed forestay : sail furling, tight luff, easy handling. With the lock, hoisting and lowering the staysail is quick and so easy”.
|Max Staysail area* |
|Over 70' boat, it is highly recommended to fit a structural furler (see STK range)
|Safe Working Load**|
|1,5 T||2,5 T||4,5 T||7 T|
|FX+ Part Nb||43410701540||43410702540||43410704540||43410707040|
|*indicative data ** * The S.W.L. is the maximum safe working load over which distortions of the furler
can appear. This load is approx. 50% of the breaking load (depending on models)
We remind you that an adapted deck attachment must be installed.